We finished our Conceptual Design Phase and merged our all visions into this beautiful Polygon Beast you see below:
Now it’s time to get practical and translate the design into feasible construction plans. If you are a builder, engineer or architect that want’s to join our adventure and can provide us construction advice, structural sketches and/or material suggestions, please have a look at the following information and diagrams (click images for higher resolution):
What we are looking for:
Conceptual Design, Dimensions and Simple Schematics
- about 12 meter high horse sculpture
- surface is constructed of polygons (triangle panels)
- outer surface material has to be wood
- inner structure material undefined
- mobile / human powered
- pyrotechnics / mane of fire
- lighting design / red glow accentuates polygon surface
- strong wind gusts
- soft wand dunes (transportation hazard)
The Inner Space and Accessability
- hidden room inside the horse’s belly
- room accessible from outside
- measurements of room depend on overall structure (as big as possible)
- the room will be used as a bar and must hold furniture, equipment and several people at once
- the walls of the room don’t have to be level / even and can be molded according to the outside structure.
- entering and exiting the interior
- flammable liquid stored inside; flames lit externally
- STRUCTURAL STABILITY!!!
The sculpture should be constructed onto a movable platform, so it can be towed and moved across the desert (SOFT SAND DUNES !!!).
Pre-Frabrication and Assembly
The construction of the sculpture will happen offsite. It will be necessary to reassemble all the components after transportation to the final site (Black Rock City). We imagine a method that allows the attachment of the wooden triangle panels onto a inner ‘wireframe’ structure.
Find the same information in this PDF!
Play with a 3D model in this 3D-PDF!
If you feel you want to help, go here to contact us!